- 40 min
6 tbsp olive oil
8 El Sabor® Wraps Original, halved and cut crosswise into thin strips
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp cayenne
7 cups chicken broth
3 cups crushed tomatoes
2 bay leaves
2 ½ tsp salt
800gr chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 avocado, diced
100gr cheddar, grated
Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over moderately high heat. Add half the tortilla strips and cook, stirring, about 1’.
- Remove with a spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining tortilla strips.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the onion, garlic, and spices and cook, stirring, for 5’.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, bay leaves, salt, cilantro leaves and 1/3 of the tortilla strips. Bring to a simmer for 30’ and remove the bay leaves.
- In a blender, puree the soup, pour it back into the pot.
- Add the chicken and bring the soup to a simmer about 1’. Add the avocado.
- To serve, put the remaining tortilla strips in bowls, top with the cheese, and pour in the soup.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and serve with the lime wedges.